The work of Body Resonance grew out of my own healing journey which began in the theatre where I worked as an actor and director. I went on to deeper personal discovery through psychotherapy and with spiritual teachers. I became fascinated with the connection between mind, body and spirit. I studied with chiropractors, doctors and healers from many walks of life.
I began to facilitate workshops and give individual sessions to a wide variety of people – therapists, children, business leaders, refugees and people in prisons.
The people who came to me as clients presented such a wide range of issues that I needed constantly to adapt and work according to the specific needs of the individual or group. Some people were simply feeling out of balance and were looking for something ‘more’ to life. Others had acute or chronic physical pain or illness, emotional distress, and often what I characterized as ‘life issues’.
The deeper I looked into the interactions between people within the workshops and sessions, the more I became aware of an encompassing field in which all this interaction occurs. I began to experience myself as a kind of tuning fork in this resonant field; hence the name Body Resonance.
Although I still work with individuals and offer workshops for people looking to experience themselves more fully, I now teach Body Resonance as an approach for therapists and health practitioners.
Body Resonance has further developed, going beyond the health and body of the individual into the ‘health’ and ‘body’ of any organisation or group of people working together.
some biographical details:
- Actor and director in theatre, television and film – leading roles in London’s West End and the Royal National Theatre, working with Arthur Miller and David Mamet
- Narrated television documentaries and radio plays for BBC and National Geographic
- Studied and taught Alexander, Laban and Feldenkrais movement systems
- Cranial-sacral body worker
- Extensive training with voice and singing teachers in England and the US.
- Taught voice production and public speaking to people from a wide variety of language and cultural backgrounds
- Involved in a number of volunteer organisations including the Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture, Louisiana Himalaya Association, Dharamsala, and community outreach progammes for children
- Speaking engagements include at the following conferences:
“Narrative and Medicine: Caring for the Future“ Lisbon 2015 – Abstract Pdf (200Kb) “Patienten-Arzt-Kongress 2017 der Gesellschaft für Biologische Krebsabwehr“ Heidelberg 2017 – Abstract Pdf (183Kb)
- Participated in: “ReVisioning Medicine Council” Los Angeles 2016
- Spiritual teachers include Paul Lowe (www.paullowe.org) and Eckhart Tolle (www.eckharttolle.com)